Wednesday 3 May 2017

Rail trail

I couldn’t stop thinking about how far it will be or will i be able to make it. The self doubts were getting to my head when i remembered I made it to the top of Corkscrew I can do this.


When we got to the motukarara rail trail on friday 24th of march I was dreading biking the whole way but we had to do it for fitness and a challenge.

Once we got there we unloaded the truck  and got into our gear we waited for the adult’s to arrive back and ate morning tea. When they got back wendy called a meeting.

After the self doubts past i look around all i can see are beautiful black swans swimming on a toxic lake. There was a slight breeze making the water ripple around me.

When we split into groups we were 2nd to last as we left the size of the group dwindled. It was a cruise ride to the halfway point where we had lunch.  

For lunch we climbed to the of a cliff and looked out over lake elsmere we spent about an hour eating lunch and exploring. When we were done eating we got on our bikes for a tiring final 8km. I could not feel my legs by the end of it.

Overall i don’t know why i was dreading it, it was fun and a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment